"appointment booking"

About: Derriford Hospital

I have given up completely with the NHS and their ability to treat a patient. I injured my shoulder in January, after seeing several doctors at the Liskeard Dean Street surgery I eventually got an appointment to see a specialist. After waiting around 3 months and many phone calls I got an appointment with a specialist. They tried to cancel the appointment and fob me off with physio on the morning of the appointment after they realised the appointment had been made with a knee specialist. About a month later I saw the shoulder specialist and recieved the cattle market type of service you learn to expect these days. 11 months later I still haven't recieved an appointment to see the special shoulder physio therapist they said I needed. Why should I be forced to pay through my taxes for the NHS? Its well overdue for the NHS to be systematically closed down. I would be very happy to pay for private treatment especially after saving the tax I pay for the NHS.

Response from Mary Anderson, Senior Quality Facilitator, Plymouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Mike

I am sorry to learn of your dissatisfaction regarding your referral to see an Orthopaedic Specialist and the problems you have encountered.

If you would like to discuss your concerns in more detail, please don't hesitate to ring me on 01752 439751 and I would be happy to see if there is anything we can do to assist.