"Impressions after a short stay in Basildon..."

About: Basildon University Hospital

I recently was an inpatient in Basildon Hospital for 15 days. The treatment I received from the doctors, nurses and support staff was excellent, the ward was clean and maintained that way throughout my stay. I feel that the efficiency of the hospital could be increased if only the consultants were available 24/7. The nursing staff and junior doctors provide continuous cover, the consultants should be able to provide the same service and relieve the bottleneck of patients awaiting consultants reviews, particularly noticeable at weekends. Apart from this reservation my impression of the hospital was a well organised organisation working under extreme pressure.

Response from Basildon University Hospital

Thank you for your positive feedback regarding the treatment you received during your stay at Basildon & Thurrock Hospitals. We are also grateful for your suggestions for service improvement. Your comments have been passed to both the ward, and the Medical Director. Feedback like this is very helpful to us in order to help us review and improve the services we offer.