"The birth of my baby"

About: Norfolk & Norwich University Hospital / Maternity

I want to mention how excellent my care was on Blakeney ward following a tricky delivery of my darling baby girl. I had to have several surgeries after having her and was weak and weedy when I was in their care. The support that I received was amazing.

The ward is such a busy place, but there was always time to help me. Despite being too weak to pick up my baby from her cot (the cots are fabulous by the way! ) I was supported so well that I was able to successfully start breast feeding my little one.

We ended up staying for 8 days and I feel that the birth and subsequent stay was a positive thing despite having so many complications that could have ended in a much more negative way.

This is mainly due to the kind care that I received from all of the people that looked after me from the doctors to the cleaners, but especially all of the staff on Blakeney.

Thank you.

We hope you and your daughter are doing well after a difficult start. Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your hospital stay and your kind comments will be passed to our midwifery team.