"Excellent A&E visit"

About: Wansbeck Hospital

I visited the A&E department midday on a friday and was seen to within 10-minutes of waiting. The staff were all extremely friendly and considerate. Although i was there for just over 3 hours, it flew by due to the great care/services i was provided. I was on the A&E department for an hour and Surgical Assessment Unit for the rest of the time. I waited quite a while at times but i was being dealt with appropriately and as quickly as possible. I have never had such a good of an experience at a hospital/A&E than i have at Wansbeck Hospital.

Response from Annie Laverty, Director of Patient Experience, Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Dear CD,

Thanks for this. I'm delighted that the emergency care received by the team at Wansbeck exceeded all your expectations. Waiting for any care is never easy and we are aware of the impact on our patients - I'm delighted you got the help you needed in a timely and efficient way and that this service was delivered with warmth and friendliness.

Hope you're feeling a lot better and thanks again for taking the time to share your story.

Best wishes,