"Wonderful experience in Birth Centre and Labour..."

About: Calderdale Royal Hospital

On Tuesday my wife was transferred from the birth centre to the labour ward throughout a very long labour. We both felt the staff on the labour ward and birth centre were wonderful and of the highest quality and professionalism. We now have a beautiful little daughter. This being our first child my wife was obviously very worried that everything would go smoothly and I was the same. However, the staff were so caring and understanding and explained everything calmly and simply. They couldn't do enough for us. Equally the post natal care was great as well on ward 1d.Special mention to two midwives, one at the birthing centre and another on the labour ward who had such calming influences and so very caring in the final stages of labour. Thankyou to everyone!

Response from Calderdale Royal Hospital

First of all congratulations on the birth of your daughter. We are delighted to hear that you were well looked after and were pleased with the care and service provided. We are sure the staff involved will recognise themselves from your comments. Many thanks to you for taking the time to feedback your experience.