"Well done Ward 6 !"

About: North Tyneside General Hospital

Unfortunately I had some post op problems after the reversal of an ileostomy .My wife telephoned Ward 6 for advice. The staff nurse on duty spoke to my consultant surgeon who advised me to attend the newly opened Surgical Assessment Unit. I arrived at 9,00am was seen by the surgical registrar who treat me with utmost care and dignity. I was then examined by my consultant surgeon who again treat me with such expertise and empathy, I was transferred to Ward 6 later in the day. He informed me that he would have to perform an examination and procedure in the operating theatre the same day, which was a great success. I spent 11 days on the ward, and was given a side room which was so very much appreciated (due to the embarrassing nature of my post operative recovery) Once again the care and treatment that I received from my surgeon and his team was beyond all my expectations. On the day of discharge the ward manager and her team all wished me well on my recovery, and informed me that should I have any problems that I could return to the ward over the weekend if necessary. Thankfully I am now hopefully on the road to recovery and am eternally grateful to all the staff on Ward 6. What more can I say but thanks a million to you all.

Response from North Tyneside General Hospital

Dear Ted Thanks a million to you for sharing your very kind and thoughtful description of care at North Tyneside Hospital. I was so touched to know that your care was delivered in such a compassionate and dignified manner. I was also really pleased to learn that the team on ward 6 had responded to your needs as an individual with the provision of the side room and all that this meant to you at the time. Both teams will be absolutely thrilled to receive your feedback so I will make sure that everyone gets the chance to read your story. I hope your recovery continues to go well and you have a very lovely Christmas. Best Wishes Annie

Response from Annie Laverty, Director of Patient Experience, Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Ted

I was also really pleased to learn that the team had responded to your needs as an individual with the provision of the side room and all that this meant to you at the time. Both teams will be absolutely thrilled to receive your feedback so I will make sure that everyone gets the chance to read your story.

I hope your recovery continues to go well and you have a very lovely Christmas.

Best Wishes