"update to cancelled operation"

About: University Hospital Of North Durham

I posted a review about 3 hours ago about a cancelled medical procedure. I also made a phone call to the department explaining my dissatisfaction. Shortly after, the nurse called back ; replacement medicines had been sourced, time had been allocated in a busy clinic and the consultant had found time in a crowded schedule to fit me in the following day. That sounds to me like a dedicated team. I'm impressed by the response I received & can only say a big thank you to all of them. As usual it's the system & not the people that lets us down. Well done.

Response from University Hospital Of North Durham

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent visit to the Orthopaedic department at University Hospital of North Durham. I am very pleased to hear that you had a positive experience and that you are happy with the care you received and that you were given an appointment the following day. The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your kind comments will be shared with the appropriate wards. Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices. Patient Experience Team County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust Tel: 0800 7835774