"walk in centre"

About: Leigh Infirmary

I attended the walk in centre with my son a few weeks ago with a minor football injury to his arm. From the minute we booked in we were treated well. The young girl on the desk was friendly and efficient. We sat down, ready for a long wait. However we were quickly seen by a male nurse, who was professional and had a really nice manner with my son. We were sent to x ray, then had a bit of a wait until the nurse could look at the x rays. We were then seen by a female nurse who again was great. No broken bones, so we were given appropriate advice and sent home. In all we were there about 2 hours which I dont think is bad at all. I wanted to write a review about the great service we received, but when I went on the AWL website all I could see was instructions on how to make a complaint!! So sorry about the delay. But keep up the good work. You are all excellent. Uniforms clean and professional. Good all round experience. I just hope the managers read these reviews and not just the complaints. Thank you. PS why isn't the walk in centre listed below( ie which dept did you visit?)

Response from Susan Heighway, Patient Relations / PALS Manager , Patient Relations / PALS, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your kind comments in respect of your visit to the Walk in Centre at Leigh Infirmary. As the Walk in Centre comes under the remit of Bridgewater Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust, I will pass this on to them. I am sure they will appreciate that you have taken the time to share your most positive comments.