"Fantastic Care at Preston A&E"

About: Royal Preston Hospital

I just wanted to say a huge thank you for the level of care and service I received when being admitted to Preston A&E following a fall on a school residential trip in the area on Sunday 20th October. The whole process was excellent from start to finish, I'm just sorry I was in too much pain to catch everyone's names to thank them personally. The 2 ambulance staff were warm and reassuring, exactly what was required, as were the A&E staff, particularly the technician and the doctor/staff nurse. They were friendly, comforting and very personable, going to the trouble of keeping my partner informed as she needed to know when to set off from Hull to collect me, also contacting Hull hospital to get me a slot the following day, and even putting my x rays on a disk for them. The process was particularly efficient compared with previous NHS experience and the people above provided an unrivalled level of care and warmth. Even the cup of tea was good (considering it was the other side of the Pennines). ;) I have now been operated on in Hull and am on the mend. Thank you once again.

Response from Lorraine Kelly, Communications Manager, Lancashire Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thanks for your comments. Hearing about positive experiences really motivates our staff, and helps us identify where we’re getting things right so we can share good practice across all of our services.

Response from Royal Preston Hospital