"unsatisfied with treatment"

About: Queen's Hospital, Burton Upon Trent

Went to a&e with injured knee after falling from my horse.... Was seen by triage nurse who said she thought I had ligament strain down both sides of knee.. Doctor popped in briefly to confirm what he thought was ligament and maybe muscle stretch.. Told to keep off my feet for two days and ice every hour.. Offered to get me crutches and bandage.. She came back and said she was unable to find a bandage! I asked her what I should do as I did not have a suitable bandage at home and it was now 9pm... She suggested I should call at Tesco to get one on my way home! No X-ray was offered either which as it turns out should have been done because I am still having problems with knee six weeks later. I went to my GP on week five and she is arranging a scan and physio, doctor advised me that there was no record sent to her about my visit to A & E either... Come on queens... It does not fill me with confidence when you can't even supply a fundamental item like a bandage! . D taylor"

Response from Queen's Hospital, Burton Upon Trent

We were sorry to hear of your experience within our A&E department the standard you describe falls below our expectations and your concerns will be investigated. If you feel able to contact us directly we can discuss your concerns which will allow us to explore them in more detail, please email our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) at pals@burtonft.nhs.uk or telephone 01283 593110.