"Good care on Loxley ward at City hospital"

About: City Hospital campus / Gynaecology

I was a patient on Loxley ward at the Nottingham City hospital for a hysterectomy. The standard of care which i received, from both the medical and the nursing staff, was very good. The care and attention show to me by all staff was very pleasing.

The cleanliness in the bay 1 toilet/shower room needs improving.

I think it would have been a better experience if lighter food options were available, as my appetite was not very good and the food choices were more suitable for "well" people. Chicken soup and other lighter meals would have been better options than roast dinners.

Response from Charlotte Lawson-Braley, Support and Development Manager, Principia

My name is Charlotte Lawson-Braley, and I am the Practice Based Commissioning Support and Development Manager for Principia Partners in Health.

Principia, Partners in Health is an organisation that plans, pays for and delivers local NHS services for the people of Rushcliffe. It brings together all of the family doctors across Rushcliffe to work alongside community nursing, rehabilitation services and other local health services.

The purpose of Principia is to help you to get the health treatment you need, when and where you need it and to improve the health of local people.

It is really valuable for us to hear about patients experiences, in your case the positive as well as what could be improved. We are currently working with Nottingham University Hospital to ensure that patient experiences recorded on the Patient Opinion site are shared and acted upon