"My mother's care at Ferryfield House"

About: Ferryfield House

My mother died here in the early days of 2012. The staff could not have been more supportive to mum, my brother and myself.

A few days beforehand a senior member of staff explained the much maligned Liverpool Pathways to us. We could not have asked for more dignity and respect.

Our mother had been receiving excellent, not always perfect, but kind nursing and care here for a long time. I still cry when I think of these times. They were difficult but so much is expected of the staff.

Mum might have enjoyed more of their time, their company but that is what family is for.

Response from Stuart Wilson, Director of Communications and Public Affairs, NHS Lothian

Dear Andigirl,

Let me first of all pass on my condolences for the loss of your mother. I appreciate that must have been a very hard time for you and I am just glad that you were happy with the care shown to your mum at Ferryfield House.

Patient care and dignity is our top priority and I am pleased to see that has been your experience.

I will pass on your comments to the team at Ferryfield and I know they will be grateful to hear it.