"Doctors are qualified but I have never had such..."

About: St Mark's Hospital (Harrow)

I think the doctors at St. Marks are great, but I hope never to have to use this hospital ever again.Let's start with recovery. I threw up and had to beg someone to wipe my face. When it was finally done they did it poorly. They gave me nothing for my mouth or throat. I found the same thing in critical care, until a family member was there and she did it. Then I asked for a popsicle for my sore throat. I was told they didn't think they had one in that unit. I understood that. But the same thing happened at an IHC facility and they called around and got me some. Even better when I was move down to the next level of care they sent me off down a darkened hallway ( it was night time) alone for my first time out of bed. Making this even better, I was a fall risk because I had a spinal. The 4th nurse I had asked me why I had taken my fall risk band off. I told her I never had a fall risk band. She rolled her eyes and said it was in large letters at the top of my chart. I didn't get any of my regular meds for two days and only then because I kept asking. Even then they never got it right in four days. I have had many surgeries and never received such poor care. On the bright side the food was good and I was able to get whole grain products.

Response from St Mark's Hospital

We were sorry to learn of your experiences during your admission to hospital. Your feedback will be passed on to the relevant management teams so that they can take appropriate action.