"Left waiting"

About: Lincoln County Hospital

Went to the hospital with stomach pains, usually wouldn't bother but was told by 111 to 'go to A & E within the hour'. Found them to be really helpful, they did lots of tests, everything was going great, until they sent me to another ward. Waited nearly 2 hours to see a Doctor we were told was 'ready for us' when leaving A & E. Then he clearly hadn't checked notes, asked all the same questions, did same examinations then told me I was fine, not happy at all, if that was the case, why wasn't I sent home from A & E. Doctor in Branston Ward didn't seem to have a clue what he was doing, and felt like a left the hospital having wasted the past 2 hours. Will be going to GP as soon as possible to get a second opinion.

Response from Lincoln County Hospital

I am sorry you had to wait and then did not get the care you felt you needed and clearly did not have a good explanation of what was happening and why. Without having the personal details of your case I can only assume that you were referred to Branston Ward as the specialty doctor would be there and able to see you rather than an A&E doctor who would deal with the more general emergency issues. I am sorry that the doctor wasnt able to see you immediately but it is likely your were seen much sooner than had you waietd in A&E for him to come down there to see you. The Branston doctor would have needed to repeat the examination as he was looking at you from the specialist perspective and would have needed to be sure to make a diagnosis. What clearly hasnt happened though is an explanation of what he saw and concluded in terms of your condition and I am very sorry for this; I can understand you being upset that after 2 hours you had no answer and were still concerned. I have passed your story onto the team to be sure they consider their communication and fully explain things. I hope that you have now either recovered or seen your GP and are receiving the second opinion you wish. Once again please accept our apologies but also I would like to thank you for leaving your feedback for us it is really valuable and is shared with staff.