"Arriva - or, to be more accurate - didn't Arriva"

About: Queen's Medical Centre

I went to Depression Clinic via Arriva and the receptionist confirmed I was ready for picking up at 4pm. The Clinic staff left at 5. 30 pm and I was alone in my wheelchair, waiting, exhausted and in tears. A Consultant happened by at 6. 30 pm and saw how upset I was. We tried to contact Arriva to find out when I could be collected...the phone in their office rang out - for 45 minutes. Finally, a member of nursing staff took me to the waiting area near the transport office. I sat there for another hour, completely ignored, dying for a drink of water and the loo. At 8 pm, 3 Arriva Minibus Ambulances were parked at the front of the hospital, and one of those took me home. I had been at the hospital for 11 hours, with nothing to eat or drink. It was two days until I'd recovered after that lot. Thanks Arriva!

Then two days ago, I had to get another Arriva transport to the hospital for another clinic appointment. Now on crutches, I said I could go in a car, and told them my appointment was for a certain time. They turned up with a small hatchback car and two ladies already. I was wedged into a back seat with my plastered leg going numb. The driver said he wanted to pick up a 4th patient, cramming 3 of us into the back. Finally, he agreed to let another car get the other lady. When I told him I was already late, he said I should wait for another transport.

Still, I was in that car for almost an hour while he dropped off all the other patients. By the time I got to clinic, I was in terrible pain, and unable to get out of the vehicle without a great deal of help! The driver found a wheelchair and I arrived so late that I had to sit there until the afternoon clinic. I finally got finished at 5pm, no food or drink for 9 hours. I used a large proportion of my benefit to pay for a taxi home rather than endure more ill treatment at Arriva's hands.

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

We are very sorry to hear of your experience. We will pass your concerns on to Arriva Transport Solutions, who provide the non-emergency patient transport for our hospitals. However, if you would like to contact them yourself to discuss your experience further, you can do so by email at arrivatransportsolutions@arriva.co.uk.