"I have recently been a patient ..."

About: North Tyneside General Hospital

I have recently been a patient on ward 20 and feel I should write to you and your staff to thank you for the excellent way in which I was treated, from first arriving until leaving the hospital.

All the staff (nursing staff, porters and theatre staff) worked together quickly, smoothly and without fuss, and my operation was carried out on time and successfully. This treatment continued throughout my stay on the ward. I was treated with dignity, politeness, humour (where appropriate) and care and the whole visit was much more pleasant than I had anticipated. Everyone I came in contact with made me feel that I was important to them, not just a number. I even enjoyed the food.

I appreciate that this level of service is only achieved as a result of a great deal of hard work from everyone in the team and therefore want to congratulate eveyone involved.

Response from North Tyneside General Hospital

Please accept our apologies for the lateness of this reply; technical problems have removed any means of replying until now.

Dear Ms Young

Thank you for your kind email. I was pleased to learn that all the staff provided you with care that was beyond your expectations during your recent admission. It is very reassuring for the staff to know that you had a positive experience, particularly in this current climate when there is negative messages from the media. I will pass on email to the ward manager and her team. Also the catering team as they are often forgotten to be mentioned.

Ann Carlisle