"Treatment in AMU poor care & communication"

About: Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital (Wonford)

I was not offered any food or drink until I asked on day 2, several different diagnosis led to un necessary worry & stress, felt as though we should not be asking questions, not believed as to the pain I was in. Poor care, no compassion or understanding, no time to talk/discuss anything, unaware as to what I was being treated for just wait & see what happens. Previous medical history not even looked at, scan & X-ray not looked at properly, confusion between doctors, nurses no time to care. No cleaning of my room. Diagnosed with several different things by several different doctors, initial diagnosis in the walk in centre of kidney infection on admission to hospital 24hrs later took away antibiotics & left me in the room on a drip to wait & see?? Think they thought I had a stomach bug!! That lasted 3 weeks & a recurring problem for over 2 years. Lost for words Very disappointed with the NHS Exeter.

Response from Patient Engagement & Experience Administrator, Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Anonymous

Thank you for taking the time to share your story and I am very sorry to hear of the problems you have experienced.

We would like the opportunity to discuss this with you further and ask if you could call the Patient Engagement and Experience Team on 01392 402363 or 403915.

Tracy

Response from Royal Devon & Exeter Hospital (Wonford)

Thank you for sharing your story and I am very sorry to hear of the problems you experienced at the RD&E. We would like the opportunity to discuss this with you further and ask if you can call the Patient Engagement and Experience Team on 01392 402363 or 403915. Kind regards Tracy