"Only praise."

About: Yeovil District Hospital

I attended the one stop breast clinic in mid September, where a tumour was found in one of my breasts as well as some non cancerous nodules that needed removing in the other one. From the moment a doctor first saw me, right through to discharge from hospital last Wednesday, following a bilateral mastectomy, every single member of staff I came into contact with treated me with the utmost kindness and respect. The doctor and the team who assisted with my operation, breast nurses, staff on Lydford ward. The doctors who saw me in clinic, and all those who conducted various tests etc, every one of them deserves the highest praise possible. My husband attended most appointments with me, also accompanied me to the admissions lounge and was permitted to stay until I was taken to theatre, then informed when and where I would be taken afterwards and was there waiting for me. He too, has been treated with the same consideration I have experienced. It has meant a great deal to both of us and would like to say a huge thank you to everyone. We certainly have no complaints at all!

Response from Yeovil District Hospital

Thank you for your very kind comments. We are pleased that you had a good experience during your visit to Yeovil District Hospital. I will pass on your comments to the teams involved.