"A complaint disabled person."

About: Heavitree Hospital

Good Morning. I was called into have a pre assessment for an operation. But going to the day care unit across the court yard from the main hospital. The doors from the main hospital to the court yard are not automatic. The door that does open is not wide enough for a wheel chair and the other door was locked top and bottom. So if I was on my own I would have to wait for someone to unlock the second door for me to go through and then I have to go through it again for the day case unit. So I would like to say that your entry to the day case unit is very very poor. and you should put in the leaflet that entry to the daycare unit is not disabled friendly and you need to say that you will need to have someone with you to go to the unit. E pullen.

Response from Patient Engagement & Experience Administrator, Royal Devon and Exeter NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Epullen

Thank you for taking the time to share your story and I am very sorry to hear of the problems you have experienced.

We would like the opportunity to discuss this with you further and ask if you could call the Patient Engagement and Experience Team on 01392 402363 or 403915.

Tracy