"Having spent the last couple of ..."

About: The James Cook University Hospital

Having spent the last couple of years receiving treatment at JCUH I can honestly say my experience has been hugely positive. The staff in the various departments I have attended have been on the whole warm, kind and professional. I have felt extremely well cared for. I tell everyone I know just what an excellent service I have experienced.

Unfortunately outmoded practice in the breast clinic at OPD is a big let down. Specifically being shown into a room and told ''take your top off''. Then being expected to sat half naked awaiting the doctor. If the intention is to save the medical staff time then its clearly unnecessary, its takes moments only to disrobe. The benefits of meeting someone on an equal par i.e. dressed are fairly obvious. Indeed the Doctor and his team in trauma outpatients couldn't be more sensitive . They take the time to preserve the individuals dignity.

Response from The James Cook University Hospital

Thank you for your comments regarding your treatment received at JCUH.  I am delighted your experience has been hugely positive.  Please be reassured your comments/suggestions will be forwarded to the appropriate staff (i.e. Lead Consultant and Specialist Nurse) in order for this to be discussed further.  Should you wish to discuss this further please do not hesitate to contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) by telephoning 0800 0282451.

Many thanks