"Poor appointments admin"

About: Victoria Hospital / Ear, Nose & Throat

In mid-October following on from an ENT appointment where a biopsy was taken a few days earlier, my Mother-in-Law received an appointment letter asking her to attend ENT a week later.

I took a day off work to take her to this appointment and she had a sleepless night the night before worrying why the urgency for the appointment. We arrived at the Victoria only to be told that the appointment had been rescheduled.

This is totally unacceptable as not only did it waste my time, but it also caused an 84 year old lady undue stress and worry.

Response from Louise Ewing, Patient Relations Manager, NHS Fife

Der S Dubs

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback. I was sorry to hear of your mother in law's experience and appreciate the inconvenience this also caused for you. This must have been a very worrying time for you all.

In a situation like this I would be keen to recevie your mother in law's details to allow me to look into the specifics of her case and provide her with a more detailed response and a direct apology. If your mother in law is agreeable, please contact me directly.

In the meantime I will forward your feedback on to the approporarte personnel to make them aware of your dissatisfaction.

Louise Ewing