"Do not give enough support to families etc."

About: Royal Bournemouth General Hospital

I think they fail in making patients families or partners feel welcome. You feel if you ask questions you are being a nuisance,they fail to update you. It is hard when a loved one is very ill and you get told off if you sit on their bed due to infection control but those who are unwell need that comfort and physical interaction. they are putting policies in front of person centred care,needs of patients and families, best interests of the patient. i have seen on ward 1 sheets covered in blood and not changed for several days that I myself as a visitor has changed them to find the soiled ones still lying on the floor the next time i visit,also blood spillages not being cleaned immediately and soiled dressings on the floor,urine bottles left for hours before being removed. And they worry more about a person sitting on a bed? When are they going to wake up and smell the coffee? I have known other hospitals offer visitors a cup of tea,let them stay overnight to provide comfort for their loved ones but no, not in Bournemouth.

Response from Sue Mellor, Patient Experience Lead, Royal Bournemouth & Christchurch Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Anonymous

Many thanks

Sue Mellor

Head of Patient Experience

Response from Royal Bournemouth General Hospital

Dear Anonymous Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We take all feedback seriously and use it to inform our services. I am so disappointed that we have not met your expectations of the compassionate care we endeavour to provide. We now know that you have accessed our PALS service and we will follow up all these issues through that service. Many thanks Sue Mellor Head of Patient Experience