"Another visit to ward 5"

About: Bradford Royal Infirmary

I have a long-term condition which means I need surgery or particular procedures fairly often. This was my fourth visit to ward 5, and probably the most positive of all. I had concerns about the type of anaesthetic I was to have, having had problems previously, but with the help of a very knowledgeable anaesthetist, had a brief general anaesthetic, followed by a nebuliser and I did really well. I was so relieved, I hugged the doctor concerned, which I saw her after being discharged. Ward 5 is a very busy ward, and could feel like a production line, were it not for the committed, extremely busy, but professional team of staff. They had amazing energy - and I felt worn out just watching them deal with a huge number of patients. Thank you ward 5, and the amazing anaesthetist, for making my stay as pleasant as it could be.

Response from Bradford Royal Infirmary

Thank you for your positive comments. All feedback is welcome and it is lovely that you have taken the time to comment on your care whilst staying on Ward 5. Your review has been passed to the Ward manager and staff, we wish you a speedy recovery.