"mums last days"

About: Scottish Ambulance Service

My mum had cancer and became unresponsive early one night. We called for a paramedic and a car arrived within minutes.

He quickly found out what had happened, and with minimum movement of my mum she was breathing again and smiling.

He asked what my mum and the family wanted, then spent about an hour arranging marie curie nurses and macmillan nurse support for us meaning mum could stay at home as was her wish.

We would like to thank him for the understanding and compassion shown and the help he arranged

Response from Sharon Hammell, Head of Corporate Affairs and Engagement, Scottish Ambulance Service

Dear margaret28

thank you for letting us know how we were able to help your mum when she became unresponsive, and to reduce some of the anxiety which you and your family members must have been feeling. I'm really glad that were able to work together with our wonderful nursing colleagues from marie curie and from macmillan to make sure your mum's wishes were met.

I'll share your feedback with our West Central Division, so the paramedic concerned is able to read your message about how much you appreciated the understanding and compassion he showed to your mum. I'm sure he will appreciate your thoughtfulness at posting this message during what must be a difficult time for you and your family.