"Excellent service by Cardiology Assessment..."

About: Princess Alexandra Hospital (Harlow)

I attended for a cardiology assessment and due to a previous patient's medical situation the technician was delayed for my appointment. However as soon as I was seen, she made a very pleasant apology and brief explanation for the delay, which was totally understandable as patient care after all is what this is all about! The technician carried out a series of tests and explained to me clearly in advance what each one involved and whether I was comfortable etc. She was very caring and professional throughout the assessment which lasted about 45 minutes, and displayed great empathy and understanding towards me as a patient. I was very impressed with her attitude and ability and would like to commend her for this. Well done and thank you!!

Response from Shahid Sardar, Head of Patient Engagement, Patient Safety and Quality, The Princess Alexandra Hospital NHS Trust

Thank you for commending the empathy and understanding shown by our staff, it is really such a delight to read how well the service was delivered.

We know we don't always get it right and so thank you for your understanding about the delays in seeing patients.

The Patient Experience Team is on 01279 827084, between Monday and Friday, 9am to 5pm.

Response from Princess Alexandra Hospital

Dear Mr Jennings, Thank you for your positive report on the explanation provide by the technician, her care, understanding and empathy and I am sorry you experienced a delay at the start of your appointment. We will always try our best to meet the needs and expectations of all of our patients, because we are proud to be a local hospital serving our local community. If ever you feel we've let you down or not met your expectations, do give us a call and we will try our best to put things right. The Patient Experience Team is on 01279 82 70 84 and we can be contacted between 9am and 5pm Monday to Friday. Outside of these hours you can leave a message or send us an email at pals@pah.nhs.uk and we will do our best to respond.