About: North Tyneside General Hospital

We met with the consultant last week with our four year old daughter. She immediately put my daughter at ease. Treating her like a little person. I loved that she spoke to our daughter before us. After giving us some upsetting news she asked the health care assistant in clinic to take my daughter off for a drink. This gave us the time to talk to her and digest all the information being given to us. We asked lots of questions and she at no time rushed us out of clinic. We left knowing what lies ahead of us. We are very greatful for this and believe we recieved care above and beyond what is expected. Special thanks to the health care assistant who took great care of our daughter. I am a staff nurse within another hospital trust so know what good care should look like.

Response from Annie Laverty, Director of Patient Experience, Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Mrs Turnbull

Thank so much for taking the time to share your experience and for your very kind comments. Providing high quality care that is centred around the needs of our patients is extremely important to all of us and I was so pleased to read that we got this exactly right for you. It was especially warming to hear that your daughter was appropriately involved throughout and that her needs were prioritised at all times.

I can understand how important it was for you to have the opportunity to ask questions and to fully understand everything you were told. It is very reassuring to know that you left the clinic feeling this way. I will pass on your special thanks to the health care assistant who took such great care of your daughter when you needed time alone with the consultant.

I would like to wish you and your daughter the very best with everything that lies ahead for you as a family. Once again, thank you for your kind words I will forward them onto the team.

Best Wishes