"The staff were very friendly , ..."

About: Macclesfield District General Hospital

The staff were very friendly , i am currently using the maternity services . When i first asked if it was possible to view the antenatal and birthing facilities , i was shown around and had the opportunity to speak with a midwife about my concerns over my last babies delivery at another hospital.I was offered a cup of tea , bisuits and a welcome that i would never have expected. I was made to feel like a worthy individual . The maternity has been clean from what i have seen so far , and the midwifes lovely. They even helped me to stop smoking .

Nothing as i can see , maybe a vending machine in the antenatal clinic ??

Response from Macclesfield District General Hospital

Thank you for feeding back to us on the very positive experience you had using our Maternity Services. At East Cheshire Trust we view all our expectant mothers as worthy individuals, and offer them a warm welcome always. Our Midwives are always available for women who need to talk through worries and fears. Access to smoking cessation advice and resources is provided to all mothers who need help to give up smoking.

The ante-natal clinic currently has no plans to introduce a vending machine, although there is a cold water dispenser in the clinic. Visitors and patients have access to a canteen and a WRVS shop nearby. There are also vending machines located by the main entrance to the hospital.