"Worst Admin and Communication"

About: Yeovil District Hospital

This is by far the worst hospital i have ever been to, and i have been to many in the UK and outside the UK due to the sporting industry I am in. The staff are unhelpful, will leave you waiting for over 2 hours without mentioning anything to you even if you are the only one in the waiting rooms. I have had appointments made at the hospital, only to get there on the day to find they moved the time and/or date and/or actual hospital that i am meant to be at. There excuse was that they sent me a letter in the mail informing me which was sent the day before. How am i supposed to get that by the next day before my appointment! I have had to have time off work only for it to be wasted. Other times i have been in for a possible fracture, told it is not a fracture, then to go to another hospital the next day due to excruciating pain and them tell me i need an operation because it is a very bad fracture/break. This is my only complaint for the Doctors as they are usually pretty good, but it is the admin staff and their communication. I recently had an operation on my shoulder which needed a follow up appointment and another surgery. I never heard from the hospital even though they told me they would contact me (even after 2 weeks phoning up to say i hadnt heard anything and then to be told again they would contact me). 7 weeks later i called again and they said they had been "meaning to call me". I had an appointment the following week. Waited over an hour, got to 5:30pm, had not been spoken to since other than me asking if i had been forgotten. i asked again at 5:20 at the staff in orthopaedics did not know where the doctor had gone and so i had to leave!! Worst communication ever and worst admin/clerical staff for any business i have dealt with.

Response from Yeovil District Hospital

We were very sorry to read your comments. If you would like to discuss your concerns with our complaints manager please do not hesitate to contact her on 01935 385216.