"Fantastic experience in maternity"

About: Royal Albert Edward Infirmary

Gave birth to my first child at the start of October. I was thoroughly impressed with my experience. The facilities were excellent, the delivery room was well thought out, with even an iPod dock so we could listen to our own music. Most impressive, however, were the staff. Every single person I came into contact with, from consultant to catering staff, was friendly and professional. I cannot thank the nursing staff on the ward enough, they were very caring and took time to help me with feeding and reassure me when I had concerns. A thoroughly positive experience from start to finish, thank you .

Response from Susan Heighway, Patient Relations / PALS Manager , Patient Relations / PALS, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your posting and your kind words. May I take this opportunity to congratulate you on the birth of your first child. I was very pleased to read your comments regarding the facilities, surroundings, and all the staff involved in your care. I will ensure that these will be shared with the Division of Midwifery and Child Services, and the Division of Estate and Facilities, who will cascade this information to all staff.