"Biomechanics appointments and lack of..."

About: Norwich Community Hospital

Arrival at the hospital 15 mins early for an appointment on 15 Oct 13 I was vectored to Biomechanics receptionist. There was no receptionist in post. after 5 mins I made myself aware toa clinician stating who I was, who I was to see and was asked to wait for a receptionist. Twenty mins after my appointment time I left. Relating my tale to the main receptionist, she spent more time typing than looking and discussing the issue with me. Before I left the Biomechanics receptionist arrived at the main reception stating that ther clinician could probably see me. Regretfully, I had to decline the offer as I had to make my way back to work. The most annoying thing here is as a follow appointment, when booked I asked for a telephone consultation. This never happened and now I await a telephone consultation after wasting 2.5 hours of my time and being made to feel of inconsequence. I suppose the hospital will still get its money from the GP and therefore other patients will suffer. Therefore I will communicate this event with the CCG.

Response from Norwich Community Hospital

We are sorry to hear about the experience that you had at Norwich Community Hospital and offer our apologies. A full investigation has been requested into the issues raised by.Once the report has been completed I will feedback the outcome.