"A wonderful Service"

About: Royal Albert Edward Infirmary

After a fall my 94 year father was admitted to A&E on Thursday 11th October. Here they treated him swfitly, with dignity and respect and kindness. The charge doctor was a star as were the caring nurses. He was admitted to CCU ward and again the care was beyond reproach. Everyone who came into contact with him treated him respectfully and caringly. I would like to say a thank you to A&E, CCU and Pemberton Ward

Response from Susan Heighway, Patient Relations / PALS Manager , Patient Relations / PALS, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you so much for sharing yours and your father's experience at RAEI. It is always appreciated when someone takes the time to write with their comments as this gives us the opportunity to share these with our staff.

I will ensure that the Director of Performance and the Heads of Nursing for Emergency Care and Medicine are made aware of your posting so they can direct the staff to the Patient Opinion web site. May I take this opportunity to pass on our best wishes to your father for his continued recovery.