"Length of time it is taking to see a specialist"

About: Manchester Royal Infirmary / General medicine

I have been advised by my GP that I need to be seen by 2 specialists and have still not heard from anyone about an initial appointment, I am getting more worried about my condition which is getting worse. I am lead to believe the appointment request letters have been sent. It was agreed I need to be seen by 2 different specialists on approx. 2 months ago.

Response from Manchester Royal Infirmary

Many thanks for the time to post your comments on the NHS Choices webpage. We are very sorry to hear that you have not received your appointments for either consultant after your GP referral. We would like to help to try and address this issue for you. Please can you kindly contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Services, 0161 276 8686 or by e-emailing pals@cmft.nhs.uk, to provide us with further information so we can investigate the matter and ensure that the appointments are booked. The Patient Experience Team Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Response from Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Many thanks for the time to post your comments on the Patient Opinion webpage. We are very sorry to hear that you have not received your appointments for either consultant after your GP referral.

The Patient Experience Team

Central Manchester University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Update posted by sumac (the patient)

Firstly,I sorted this out myself and secondly I have unsubscribed from this site as I have sorted this out myself.

I do not understand why I am still on here when I have unsubscribed.

Furthermore, I would not use the PALS service as, in my opinion, they seem to be the gatekeepers stopping the concerned patient from taking concerns any further than in house. How can the public expect fair representation when all the PALS offices are in the hospital you have concerns about?

When I did use a PALS service it was apparent to me that the reputation of the consultants secretary was much more important than my concerns raised.