"Hip Replacement Procedure"

I was very lucky to be able to go to Northdown Hospital for my hip replacement operation. From the initial meeting with the Surgeon everything was first class. The operation went very easily (for me anyway). Post op, all the nursing, physiotherapy and hotel care was excellent. All of the Northdown team were very considerate and encouraging to get me back on my feet and it helped enormously. I am sure that it is because of all the team work and encouragement that I have made such a speedy recovery. The wound has healed very quickly and cleanly without any problems at all. After leaving hospital I was able to walk outside very quickly and can now walk 3 miles with one stick in nearly the time it used too take me before the hip became painful. Thank you Northdown for making me fit again.

Response from North Downs Hospital

Thank you for your kind words and I am glad that you are making good progress following your surgery. As you quite rightly state a team approach is key to this and it is through the great team we have here at North Downs that we can consistently deliver excellent outcomes for patients.