"Not impressed with my mothers care"

About: Warwick Hospital / Accident & emergency

(as a parent/guardian),

My elderly frail mother was left unattended for two hours in a bay with a broken arm. We arrived at A and E at lunchtime. She was seen eventually and taken for an x-ray. She was vomiting due to the morphine I told someone about this and had to ask for a sick dish, I complained that she had wet nightie and sheets. An hour later someone arrived from the side ward and changed her.

I was given no information as to what was happening to her. I had to keep asking and was made to feel a nuisance. At 4. 45 she was then taken to Fairfax ward ans seen by a consultant doctor who was most helpful.

Response from Warwick Hospital

I am extremely sorry to hear about this. We would really like to find out exactly what happened with your Mother's care. Please could you email communications@swft.nhs.uk with further details and we will investigate thoroughly.

Response from South Warwickshire NHS Foundation Trust

We are very sorry to hear about this. We would really like to establish what happened with your mother's care. Please could you email communications@swft.nhs.uk with further details and we will investigate thoroughly.