"Great care for aortic aneurysm and colon cancer at Northampton General"

About: Northampton General Hospital (Acute) / Vascular surgery

If I had lived 100 years ago I would have died of multi-organ failure in April 2006.

Initially diagnosed with an enlarged prostate, I was catheterised with a view to a rebore. My catheter became blocked and I was admitted for remedial action.

Scan information showed that I had a fistula between my colon and bladder, and a 6.5 cm aorta aneurysm. Priority was given to the latter by Mr Libertini's most caring and efficient team. Having built up strength at home, I was admitted again and had a tumour removed from my colon and bladder walls by Mr Berry's excellent team.

Follow-up diagnosed colon cancer and a secondary infection of my liver. I have recently embarked on chemo treatment at the Oncology Clinic. Having spent several weeks in the wards (mainly Willow Ward to date), I have nothing but praise for the high standards of nursing that I have received. My main concern is the chronic underfunding of the NHS in Northamptonshire, that is causing cost cutting measures that will seriously affect staff well-being, patient care, admission times, and people's lives.

Response from Northampton General Hospital

The whole team would like to thank you for taking the time to contact us and inform us of the care you received.