"Appaling administration"

My GP sent a request for an ultrasound appointment- specifying that I would need a long lead time on it in order to book time off work. A letter then arrived on the Friday for the following wednesday. Effectively giving me 2 working days notice before having the morning off. I then phoned to rearrange, asking for an appointment first thing in the morning and with enough notice for me to arrange time off work. I heard nothing for 2 weeks then again a letter appeared on the Friday giving me an appointment at 11:40 on the following wednesday (again 2 working days notice) and requiring almost a full day off. So I will be cancelling the appointment and taking my chances, and risk the wrath of my GP. Ridiculous.

Response from Nick Fairclough, Head of Marketing, Communications & Intelligence, Sussex Community NHS Trust

I'm sorry to hear that you had a poor experience of care, but think that this service is not run by Sussex Community NHS Trust. Please contact our service experience team (Tel: 01273 242292 Email: sc-tr.serviceexperience@nhs.net) so we can explore with you in greater detail and point you in the right direction if appropriate.

Response from Clermont Child Protection Unit

I’m sorry that you are unhappy about the service you received. And I’m sorry to add as well that the service you were using is not provided by Sussex Community NHS Trust. A number of NHS organisations provide care at Crawley Hospital and it sounds like in this case that your care was provided by a Surrey and Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust (SASH). You might want to contact the advice & liaison team at SASH on: Telephone: 01737 231958 / 01293 600399 Email: pals@sash.nhs.uk Write to: PALS at East Surrey Hospital, Canada Avenue, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 5RH.