"Cardiac problems"

About: East Surrey Hospital / Cardiology

Spent 2 weeks at ESH prior to going to London Heart Hospital for a double bypass. Having been in several wards was impressed with the care and attention given by hard pressed nursing staff. My issue is the lack of patient facilities after visiting hours. Could ESH not provide TV lounge(s) for patients?

Dear florida1808,

I'm sorry that this isn't a very helpful response.

regards

ian

Update posted by florida1808 (the patient)

Is there no way that the big screen in the main entrance area be switched to receive TV channels during the evening. I realise that will only allow mobile patients this facility, but having been one this would have been a boon.

Response from East Surrey Hospital

Dear florida1808, Thank you for your comments about the care you received at East Surrey Hospital. I'm very pleased that you were impressed with the care you received. Unfortunately we have no patient lounges for one simple reason - space. We would love to be able to have more space for a number of reasons in the ward areas but they are already fully utilised for other purposes. I'm sorry that this isn't a very helpful response. regards Ian director of Estates and Facilities