"Superb treatment for Lymphoma"

About: Churchill Hospital

I have been receiving treatment for Lymphoma at the Churchill for about 2½ years. The quality of care, both in terms of the medical treatment and personal care from staff, is second to none. I do not have a negative thing to report. My lymphoma treatment has not been without its difficulties, but at every stage, the staff have been extremely professional and competent, whilst being kind and cheerful at all times. As a patient I have been touched by their dedication and commitment. I am constantly aware that they are going the extra mile to give me the best care they can possibly give! I cannot ask for more. The Churchill and John Radcliffe hospitals should be held up as models for how the NHS should conduct its affairs, especially regarding patient care. I remember the occasion when a specialist nurse administering chemotherapy to me stayed on duty well past her designated hours to make sure that the treatment went exactly as planned. She would not leave my bedside till she was satisfied and even though it went on late into the evening, she refused to pass on the task, even when I suggested she might need to go home and have a rest. Both the doctors and nurses are marvellous. They listen and take in what you are saying, and then give you in return the quality of treatment that is appropriate. They are proactive in how they go about their work, and you are left in no doubt that you are being properly looked after. You can only sit back and admire their absolute dedication and attention. The amazing thing is the sheer ease and quiet manner in which they carry out their tasks. I say "Keep up the good work, and don't ever change!"

Response from Churchill Hospital

Thank you for your comments regarding the treatment and care you h ave received at the Churchill Hospital. It is always nice to receive positive feedback from our patients and I will ensure that the staff are made aware of the feedback you have provided.