"Total knee replacement"

About: Stepping Hill Hospital

Two weeks ago today I was admitted to Stepping Hill Hospital for a total knee replacement and I feel that I must give praise to the Consultant and his team for the care that I received right from my first outpatient appointment. His natural charm and humour immediately put me at ease and I felt that "This is a man I can trust". I have not been dissappointed. Every single person that I came into contact with showed the same care and professionalism, the theatre staff went out of their way to make sure that I was relaxed, the post op team were lovely, the staff on D2/D5 were attentive, dedicated and above all kind. The Physios The Ward Manager, taking the trouble to explain the procedure at the pre-op session was also a great help and I feel well worth their time and effort. All in all a first class service, thank you Stepping Hill.

Response from Cath Marsland, Head of Risk and Patient and Customer Services, Stockport NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you very much for taking the time to feedback and with such lovely comments.

I have already shared your comments with the team involved.

Response from Stepping Hill Hospital

Thank you for your comments.

I sincerely apologise that these were not responded to in a timely manner.

This was due to lack of administrative support at the time which has now been rectified.

I would like to reassure you however that your comments were forwarded to the appropriate teams who were pleased to hear that you had a good experience at our hospital.

Patient and Customer Services Manager