"Gathering Feedback"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust / Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services – Community(County)

(as a staff member posting for a patient/service user),

This week, Involvement went to Thorneywood Mount to gather some feedback from the CAMHS service.

We bought along a display that read:

'We would like to know what you think of the reception window area'

These were the responses we received:

1. " Reception - glass area - could be more accessible, if you want a private conversation with the reception, others in the waiting room can hear. "

2. "Would like the TV to work. When we come we get a nice welcome at the reception desk. It’s nice and colourful"

3. "Really nice area for younger children but for teens there's not a lot to do while waiting. Ruth Pretty is an amazing councillor - so nice and easy to talk to. "

4. "My appointment was good. Sylvia was nice & I felt okay talking to her. I liked coming here. I was comfortable: )"

Response from Richard Glover, Team leader, CAMHS South, Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS trust We are preparing to make a change

Thank you very much for the feedback provided via the Patient Feedback Challenge. Please be assured that, in realtion to the television, this has been brought to my attention on a number of occasions now and I aim to have this working as a matter of priority. With regard to privacy, I acknowledge that the neccessity of a glass screen across the reception can, on occasion, create a barrier but please do not hesitate to request to disccuss any personal or intimate information in private, and we shall meet this request for you. I am pleased however that despite some of these challenges the standard of care provided by the Team, in this instance Ruth and Sylvia, has been so positive. Finally, I would just like to say that we welcome all feedback from our patients and carers as it is through this that we can develop a service fit for your needs.