"Helpful sessions, but might have needed more"

About: Inclusion Matters Liverpool

I asked my GP if I could be referred for counselling and was sent to Inclusion Matters for talking therapy. I'd never heard of them before but I was given plenty of info about what to expect etc.

A telephone consultation was arranged first to go over some questions then was given a date for my first appointment which was a lot quicker than I expected. I was very nervous but was quickly made to feel at ease, the therapist was very easy to talk to and she gave me some excellent advice and encouragement to try different exercises to help me.

The only downside was that there were only 6 sessions (5, if you don't count the first intro one) and they were only 30 mins long - I felt I might have needed slightly longer or more sessions.

Also I felt they shouldn't discharge and rather offer a definite 'check up' in a few months time to see how I'm getting on, than say if I'm no better get re-referred by your GP again.

Response from Heather Clarke, Manager, Inclusion Matters

Dear JessH

Thank you for the positive feedback about your sessions with Inclusion Matters. I'm really pleased to hear that you received good information about our service so you knew what to expect. It's great you were seen so quickly and benefitted from the exercises and encouragement you received from the therapist. I really hope that made you feel more at ease as it can be understandably anxiety provoking coming along to the first appointment.

Unfortnately we are not able to offer follow up appointments at the end of therapy, and appreciate you would have found this beneficial, Many people do find that they continue on their path of improvement once the sessions are over and they carry on with the exercises and advice they have been given, I hope this is the case for you. However, just to reiterate that you are able to be rereferred if needed.

Thanks again for the feedback and I wish you all the very best for the future.