"Wrong Tel Nr for Fracture Clinic"

About: West Middlesex University Hospital

My elderly neighbour had a fall and went to Ashford Walk-in Clinic. After some basic treatment, she was given a report and a slip of paper which gave the telephone nr she had to ring for the Fracture Clinic at West Middlesex Hospital to make an appointment. Poor dear, tried to ring that number all day and next - the phone rings but no-one answers. As she is in a lot of pain and wants the appointment set sooner, she asked me to help her out. I tried constantly over an hour to ring the number, and nothing. In the end I googled and eventually got a number with a person at the end ! I pointed out to the staff the trouble we had with the wrong telephone number being given out by Ashford Walk-in centre, and the reply was "I know, we get it all the time, and I don't really know who to contact in Ashford about it". Is anyone thinking what an elderly person is supposed to do? This says it all in my opinion.

Response from West Middlesex University Hospital

Thank you for your feedback. The Ashford Walk-in Clinic is run by a different Trust however we will contact them to ensure that they have the correct telephone numbers for us.