"Superb Maternity Ward"

About: Princess Alexandra Hospital (Harlow)

My wife gave birth to our second child last night at 4am; we were admitted at midnight. The staff in the wards and the birth unit were incredible; friendly, professional, attentive, knowledgeable and respectful. As my wife's labour became established we had the complete attention of a fantastic nurse/midwife who saw us through a smooth birth. The care on the ward subsequently has been incredible; very helpful with establishing breastfeeding, and happy for my wife to stay in hospital to help develop her technique. Frankly, I doubt that a private hospital would have provided significantly better care than we have had.

Response from Princess Alexandra Hospital

Congratulations on your new arrival and thank you so much for leaving such positive feedback. We are constantly striving to deliver the best possible care to all of our women and their families and so we take all comments very seriously, good and bad. For this reason, your feedback is greatly appreciated and I know the teams will be delighted to read this and to know they have been able to provide such excellent care. As always, please do get in touch if you do, in future, have any questions or concerns and will do our best to respond. The Patient Experience Team will be ready to respond on 01279 827084.