"Lower Back Injections - Day surgery ward 20"

About: Bishop Auckland Hospital

I must thank the staff of ward 20 / theater & recovery ward staff for the treatment I received. From arrival the staff were efficient & welcoming. They explained the procedures & timescales well and checked regularly to ensure all was well. The ward & theater / recovery ward were all in excellent condition with all areas clearly marked / signed. Reminders for cleanliness were very visible as were the hand disinfectant dispensers. The response of all staff was positive & friendly / reassuring / with small doses of lightening humor when appropriate. The hospital overall was well sign posted both in terms of getting to the hospital & once inside. I had already heard that the Bishop Auckland Hospital had a good name from family & other sources and it more than matched those reports. Having attended a number of hospitals over the years it certainly matched the best I have attended & I would have no hesitation in returning there if further treatment was required.

Response from Bishop Auckland Hospital

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent visit to ward 20 at Bishop Auckland Hospital. I am very pleased to hear that you had a positive experience and that you are happy with the care you received. The Trust is grateful for all feedback, positive or negative, as it means we can better understand what is important to our patients, and your kind comments will be shared with the appropriate department. Thank you for leaving your comments on NHS Choices. Patient Experience Team County Durham and Darlington NHS Foundation Trust Tel: 0800 7835774