"Social Inclusion and Wellbeing Team- people need this service"

About: Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust

(as a volunteer/advocate),

Story told to a volunteer and written with the service user:

"I was referred to the social inclusion and wellbeing team by my CPN one and a half years ago. I found them to be terrific, they gave me a lot of respect and they are always polite. They look after me and are open minded and not forceful with me. I feel relaxed when I work with Ian, Kerisa and Sangita. At the moment I am struggling with the side effects of high doses of medication, but I am focussed on getting a job.

The Social Inclusion and Wellbeing team helped me to volunteer at the Buddhist centre, working in a small cafe kitchen- making food-it was brilliant. It was difficult for me at first to learn everything but support was great from Sangita. I worked there for 6months.

After that I have spent the last year volunteering at a charity-learning alot and doing qualifications- retail diploma level 2 and one in customer services.

My next goal is to get paid work and I want to find a job in a supermarket. Ian is helping me with my CV- he is a top guy! Kerisa is wonderful as my support worker. They came with me to the shop when I started. They are caring and talk through things with me, I can say anything I want to them. I feel lucky to be with them and I don't know what I would do without them. I want thank everyone and give them a hug- they are saints!

For me work helps- to get out of bed and get dressed in the morning.

I want to take things slowly, its better for me, I do not want to be disappointed. I want to find paid work but I also want to ease myself slowly into it.

The Social Inclusion and Well being team have stood up for me. Great support system!

Mine is a good positive journey, they helped build my confidence. They are great to talk to, they listen to me!

People need this servive.

Before the Social Inclusion and Wellbeing team I used to stare at walls, I was depressed and had low confidence. Now I feel excited, I have a life and something to look forward to. I feel good about myself and I feel comfortable. "

Dear Ruby10

Thank you so much for sharing such lovely feedback about the Social Inclusion & Wellbeing team. I was really inspired to read about your journey and achievements. You have obviously achieved an enormous amount and benefitted from the support of Ian, Kerisa & Sangita. They will be so pleased to hear that their help has made such a difference. I'm glad your CPN was able to refer you to this service. I will pass your posting onto the team and I would like to wish you continued success in the future in your search for work..

Well done!