"Doctor explained the test I was to undergo in a very friendly, simple and clear manner"

About: The Princess Royal Hospital / Cardiology

I was referred to the Rapid Access Chest Pain Unit because I was experiencing a dull ache in the right side of my chest, my Doctor said the test should put my mind at rest.

My wife and I arrived early at the unit and were booked in efficiently by the friendly receptionist.

After a few minutes I was seen by the Doctor who asked me about my previous medical history and then explained the test I was to undergo, in a very friendly, simple and clear manner so that I fully understood everything I was to experience.

Shortly afterwards I was called to the Test Room and again the two fully qualified operatives explained the procedure in detail in a very friendly, simple manner and connected me up to the ECG machine and blood pressure monitor.

I stepped onto the treadmill and exercised at a gradually increasing speed and steeper incline for 10 minutes, until I could continue no longer and had to say stop.

After I had recovered, my wife and I were called in to see the Doctor who explained the test results and the working of the heart and told us that from the test results there did not appear to be anything wrong with my heart and that the chest pain could possibly be muscular.

We found our visit to the unit had been uncomplicated, efficient and very friendly.

Response from The Princess Royal Hospital

It is great to hear that everything was explained very clearly and simply and that your experience was very friendly. The team really does have some great members of staff who demonstrate exactly what it means to Put Patients First. You have reminded me to pop in next week so that I can thank them in person.