"On the 2nd of June 08 I underwent ..."

About: Royal Blackburn Hospital

On the 2nd of June 08 I underwent Video-Urodynamics studies in the X-Ray Dept. The staff were very good and kind, which I appreciated. Knowing the Nurse Practitioner put me at ease. The facilities were alot better at the new site with good washing and shower for after the procedure.

The X-Ray Dept patient waiting area requires additional seating as patients had to stand up alot of the time (not good for very sick patients)

Different note. People still have to walk through a smoking barrier at the front entrance atthough it has improved a little but is still a work-on.

Response from Royal Blackburn Hospital

Thank you for your comments posted on the NHS website. I am pleased that your experience during your video-urodynamic study was a positive one and that you felt we had provided a good service with improved facilities.

Your comments on the waiting area are welcomed. Since the Meeting Patients Needs changes to our hospitals in November 2007 we have experienced a big increase in the numbers of patients attending Radiology on level one at the Royal Blackburn Hospital. We realise that on occasions we don’t have enough room/seats and some work has already been done to redesign this area and increase the seating. A more comprehensive alteration plan is currently being costed and we are hopeful that this work will be able to go ahead in the near future to further alleviate this problem.