"Mixed feelings on a and e and ward. Positive on..."

About: Warrington Hospital

Very difficult survey to respond to. My initial visit to a and e was less than impressive when I was turned away without issue being dealt with, other than a GP appointment made. Only to return a few hours later wih an emergency orthopaedics referral. The orthopeadic team from here on in were brilliant, from the doctor who met me in a and e (27th aug) and admitted me to the consultant/s who carried out surgery on my elbow. They kept me informed of my condition regularly and I really felt they cared and went the extra mile. Visiting the ward twice one day to update me on lab results I was placed on ward c20 and would also like to draw attention to the two nurses working nights 28th 29th and 30th of August. Despite my condition not been the 'norm' on their ward they showed true compassion, understanding and empathy towards my 'orthopaedic' needs and situation, with the nurse assigned to me definitely going over and above - thank you.

Response from Warrington Hospital

Thanks for leaving the time to leave your feedback with us. We're pleased to hear that you got the appointment and surgery you required through the referral from your GP and that you found the staff compassionate to your needs. We'll make sure that it is passed on to the team.