"Accident & Emergency & Ears, Nose and Throat - Sat..."

About: Charing Cross Hospital

When I was in A&E on Saturday afternoon, I was asked to fill out an on-line questionnaire, but before I could complete it, the machine went blank, and I was sent to Ward 10 South before it could be got to work. I am therefore sending comments not only on A&E, but also on Ward 10 South. My original comment was going to be "Staff are efficient and friendly. Everything seems to be well-organised and effective". While waitng for the machine to be restarted, I was wondering about adding a small, gentle rider "except the machine for recording this comment". The machine was difficult to get to register the characters struck. Having now left the Hospital, with my problem resolved, I would want to extend the main thrust of my comment to the whole of my experience. I felt I was in the hands of intelligent experts, who really cared about my condition, who were concerned that I understood what was happening, and who delivered everything carefully and accurately. This applied not only to my personal treatment but also the handling of some awkward patients in A&E - an old lady with incipient dementia, an elderly man who looked to be a "rough sleeper" and someone accompanied by two British Transport policemen.

Response from Charing Cross Hospital

Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust is delighted to receive your review via NHS Choices. We are sorry that the ITrack device was not functioning properly and this has been reported to the staff responsible for patient feedback. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of the care you received, it is appreciated and will be passed on. We hope you are now recovering well.