"Rat Bite"

About: Crowborough War Memorial Hospital

While trying to rescue a rather cute rat brought in by my murderous cat, the rat bit me - a tad ungrateful, I thought. Within an hour of being bitten I was home again & armed with a course of penicillin (my tetanus jabs were already up to date). The staff were very kind & non-judgemental. I knew I would get excellent treatment; I seem to need to visit about once a year. It was a broken ankle last time - again, a first class and sympathetic service - they even made the appointment for me at the fracture clinic at Pembury.

Response from Eileen Weeks, Patient Experience Lead, East Sussex Healthcare NHS Trust

Thank you very much for expressing your appreciation of the standard of care you received from Eastbourne DGH. It’s always encouraging for staff to receive positive feedback. As a Trust we are committed to giving the highest quality of care to our patients, and we value all comments from patients and their families.

It was extremely kind of you to take the time to provide feedback. I will ensure that your comments are shared with all the staff concerned and apologise for our delay in posting a response.